Car Alarms/1996 toyota avalon alarm

Question
I have followed the procedure for disabling the alar. i.e. key on hold reset button until light goes solid. I test the disable  by opening and closing the doors with no siren going off. However then after a time period ( of which I have not measured yet) the alarm will reengage/rearm itself.  Open a door and a siren blast.  This is not the worst problem it appears that in about 2 to 3 weeks the alarm will discharge the battery if the vehicle is not used.  Is this normal?  Thanks for any help

Answer
The alarm is responding to a battery drain of some sort.
Change the battery, not recharge it for 1.
Next, check the door trigger to see if the after market
alarm is connected correctly. If not, go to www.WIREWERX.com
and get the wiring info to trouble shoot it.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK