Car Alarms/Crime Guard alarm

Question
I have a 2006 ford f250.  I had a new windshield installed today.  While it was being put in the alarm went off.  I repeatedly hit the disarm button on the remote to reset with no luck(the installers were using power tools) i figured that was the reason it wasnt turning off.  I ended up just disconnecting the battery until the the windshield was installed.  But even after installation I was unable to get the alarm to turn off.  I was able to start the truck so i just disconnected the alarm horn so i could work on it at home.  I followed all the crime guard procedures for resetting the alarm/ and programming the remote still nothing and now my key remotes do not work!  Could there be some type of sensor on the front windshield causing the alarm to continually sound?

Answer
The antenna on the window glass was severed.
I suggest that you contact crime guard for another one.
If there is a charge for it, present that to the windshield install
company as damaged during installation.

Once you get the new wires in place,
I would assume that your control will return.

Until then, since the antenna and valet button is in the
antenna head piece stuck to that windshield, you would need to
extract the Crimestopper.

You can't override it without the Valet/override switch

Sorry about the bad news.

ALARMTEK- CARPROTECTOR.com

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK