Car Alarms/ACURA 08 TL TYPE-S ALARM ISSUES

Question
Hello,

I read your answer on someone's question about Acura TL alarm systems, and I was wondering if you could figure out why my 08TL TypeS was doing the same thing.  Earlier today, my Alarm started going off by itself after I had parked and locked my car, I live in a condo and only realized when I came down 30 minutes after.  Once I turned it off with my factory remote, I unlocked my car, locked it again and left.  I came back to check it in another 20 minutes and this time all my headlights and tailights were turned on by itself and my car was unlocked.  I noticed the security light next to the driver seat door was still flashing (which I would assume it meant the car thinks everything is just fine).  Once I opened the door the alarm would go off again.  I've tried to leave my car unlocked and the lights still would come on by itself.

If you have any solutions to this problem, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

Leo

Answer
Leo, best solution t this is 2 fold. First get Acura service manager to determine what or if the malfunction is related to a factory alarm/keyless and what they say is a solution. If they are clueless, then start with a battery check. Factory alarms depend on proper battery levels. 5% drain set's off the alarm. If it's the transponder in the ignition and key, the codes will show that.

If after market there would be a siren and starter kill perhaps. But I believe from your info here, we are indeed talking about an OEM alarm. Finicky. Start with the dealer and if having to tow, that's what roadside service at AAA is for, right?

Go check the codes and proceed from there.

ALARMTEK
ALARMTEKONLINE.com

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK