Car Alarms/door lock not working now with alarm

Question
I recently had my car serviced (by someone besides the dealer) and now my driver side door lock will not work with the remote. I can lock the door manually and when the car is running, but when the car is parked and off, the door with neither lock or unlock and the mechanic thinks it has to do with the alarm but he is unable to fix the problem. All the other doors lock and unlock with the remote. The alarm is working fine and I tried it in valet mode and reprogramming it which did not work either for the driver's side door. Suggestions?? The car is a 2005 Honda CRV with factory installed alarm model AM1. Thanks.

Answer
My best guess is that the alarm's power wires are backwards from the way it's acting or, the door lock wires are incorrectly redone. I would have it inspected at a local car stereo/alarm shop rather then hunt n pecking your way though it. Do not take it back to the mechanic, as he likely caused the issue.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK
ALARMTEKONLINE.com

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK