Car Alarms/How to disable factory alarm 97 Ford Explorer

Question
Hi, thank you so much in advance for your time and expertise!

A few weeks ago, alarm (horn blaring) in teen son's '97 Ford Explorer began going off randomly and constantly. This is a big problem because key fob no longer works to shut it off, so I or son would have to go outside in bad neighborhood multiple times a night. Someone told us it was an aftermarket alarm, so we went in to car alarm place and they removed aftermarket alarm for $50. Then, alarm went off again last night and I figured out it's the factory alarm that's been going off! =( Is there any way to "unplug" the horn or disable the factory alarm? It doesn't go off if we leave the doors unlocked, but in this rough neighborhood, I really want to be able to lock my car doors at night. Thank you so much for advice!

Answer
GROUND WIRE
GROUND WIRE  
OK, LOCATE THE FACTORY ALARM DISARM WIRE
FACTORY ALARM DISARM|dk. green/purple |-|
located in the driver's kick panel.

Then, ground this wire to the frame.
That terminates the OEM/factory alarm.

See attached file.

Have a nice weekend.

ALARMTEK

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK