Car Alarms/2002 Nissan Pathfinder Security Issue

Question
Hello. I have an 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE (STOCK.....NO aftermarket alarm). Saw a similar question that fit my issue but wasn't as extensive an issue. My truck's alarm would trigger when noone was around it to set it off. my wife then stopped using the key fob to lock the doors and would only use the key. One day she went to crank the car and it would not start. Seems to me like fuel has been cut off due to security. Also gave a fault code saying faulty Immo/ security system. Aftr trying all the factory resets I could I wasted money on a Immo, key and CPU only to see that the truck still will not crank. (Motor turns over but no spark/fuel to injectors it seems. Also security light stays on! Could my security box itself need to be replaced? if so and I did not want to go to the dealer could I just order one and put it in myself? Or could the system just have "LOCKED" me out and need to be reset by the dealer? Did not want to have truck towed to dealer only to find out that wasn't the problem and get charged tons of money I already don't have.

Answer
From the description, you are dealing with the NISSAN NVIS transponder system,
and it's in breech mode, which will indeed require the dealer to reprogram
the keys to the car again. It's unlikely the alarm is malfunctioning.
It's more likely that the vehicle lost power sometime along the way, and
popped the code, or, the Nissan's BCM simply wiped out the current key code.

In any event, a machine needs to communicate with the transponder and
re write the code.

Call the dealer and make an appointment to reprogram it.

Good luck.

ALARMTEK

Car Alarms

ALARMTEK