Car Stereos/Installing JVC radio in 2003 Hyundai XG350L

bryanjb78 wrote at 2015-01-05 00:39:59
yes there are 2 unused grey wires for the aftermarket install and one is the power source for the fm antenna, i beleived the other to be the am one but my son had already insulated and taped it off so we did not further investigate.  I attached the grey wire to the red 12v switched power supply (red wire on the aftermarket unit) and the stations immediately came in clearly.

Thanks Scott and George, both of your posts were very helpful.

I had the same issue with no power to my speakers and attaching the green/red wire to the switched power supply was the answer.

Car Stereos

I can answer most questions about car stereo equipment and installation, and I can help diagnose problems that may be happening.

I have been consulting car stereo installations for many years, and I have installed numerous aftermarket systems from 20 - 5,000 watts.

I only have on the job training. I have read extensively about enclosure designs and sizes, and system performance results.