Car Stereos/Sentra 05 stock radio

Dan wrote at 2013-02-24 18:44:56
Hi Marcelo,

Brian is absolutely right, but I wanted to add to this because of a simple mistake I was making. I had the same issue as you are having; just placing the fuse in the slot made the fuse blow.

My mistake and solution: I did not have the stock cd changer plugged in. This was causing the system to short. I have an aftermarket stereo. I don't have the cd changer necessarily plugged into the head unit, but just having it plugged in solved my problem.

Car Stereos

I can answer questions about car audio installation, including head units, amplifiers, speakers, subwoofers, mobile video systems, GPS navigation, hands-free kits, alarm/remote start, troubleshooting, OEM integration, installation tools and methods, and more.

I have been a professional car audio installer for several years.

I currently hold a Master Installer certificate from the Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) program. This is the highest level of certification. I have been MECP-certified at various levels since 2001.