Car Stereos/02 Jeep Liberty car stereo install

Question
I just installed a new Pioneer head unit in my sons Jeep and after plunging in the new harness everything seemed to work but there was no audio.After doing some reading I have learned there are factory amps in the front doors that appear to be the cause for this issue.My question is,how do I get the audio to work? I do not want to replace any of the factory speakers,they work just fine.My son just wanted an aftermarket stereo,which he now has,with no sound,smh....

Answer
Hi Kevin,

It sounds like the factory amplifiers aren't being activated with the new head unit.  My guess is that the amplifier activation wire isn't connected properly.  This happens pretty commonly on Chrysler/Jeep vehicles, because of the wire colors used by the harness manufacturers.

The fix is simple: there should be a solid blue wire in your adapter harness, and a blue/white wire in the Pioneer radio plug.  Connect these two wires together to activate the factory amplifiers and get the audio working.

If that doesn't work, or if the wires aren't there as I described, get back to me and we'll do a little more digging.  

Hope this helps!

Brian

Car Stereos

Brian