Career Planning/Career Planning

Question
I am Engineering Graduate in Mechanical with 3years experience in sales & Business Development, at present i cant able to continue my job due to my physical fitness and i am looking for job change i am confused to select a field which suits my career, i am interest to utilize my past experience pertaining to that i interested to choose my career. i  am working with leading valve manufacturing industry in india. kindly guide me whether if i studied any course to change my field or how to move a head..?

Answer
Hello,

Typically when people are injured or sustain a disability it is recommended that they first try to find a job in their same field (if at all possible) utilizing their transferrable skills which they have obtained in the past. If your limitations now make it hard to work in your field at all, you may need some retraining to enter an entire new field altogether. Depending on what by our interests are, and your future aspirations, you would begin looking for jobs based on these things.

Career Planning

Bill Rehkamp, M.S., LMHC