Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Acnes

Does Acne marks affect my chances of being a model?

It can - but it depends on the severity and frequency.  Mild acne that can be controlled by proper skin care or that can be controlled or resolved under a doctor's care is usually easily covered and wouldn't show in photos.  Acne scarring is a bit more difficult to cover, and if one's skin is sensitive to heavy makeup that can also be aggravated by modeling work.

Performers, actors and models don't all have perfect skin, and there are a lot of products that can help with the occasional outbreak, or cover mild acne on the set.  A dermatologist may be able to help with more serious cases, but if scarring has occurred it may be more difficult to compete in the modeling world. There are products that can cover the more severe skin flaws, but if someone needs too much time in makeup, it can be easier and more cost effective to hire a model who needs less makeup/touching up.

Good luck to you,

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kitty Kavey

I can answer questions from those looking to get into the fashion or commercial modeling industry. Specifically, the requirements, what is needed, how to find an agent, what they look for, how to avoid scams, the difference between what a commercial model does, and a fashion model, would travel/relocation be required, what is on a comp card and in your portfolio.

Both my acting and modeling resume/portfolio is available online on my website. I am a member of the Screen Actors Guild, and also have available my actor's demo reel and voice-over demo online. I founded both the and websites, which provide free modeling and acting info to the public. I have moved into directing, producing and screenwriting - and have won awards for my writing. I have worked in the industry as both a model and actress in Florida, New York City and Los Angeles until October 2007. I now reside in Europe.