Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Resume for no experience acting yet- thanks in advance

Question
Hello and thank you in advance for your time/help. I submitted my photos and basic information to a casting director that is casting for a television series in my area and they replied asking for my resume- I do not have a resume built yet as I do not have formal experience or courses in acting-what should I do in regards to writing a resume to provide them?

Answer
Hi -

Don't worry about that. Everyone starts somewhere. Brad Pitt used to have a blank resume too :)

If the casting director wants to see more info on you, that's a really good thing. You don't have anything to put down? You've never done a play or anything? If you did one in elementary school, put that down but change the school to something else that doesn't make it look like you did it ages ago.

You can also put down your special skills. I'm sure you have plenty of those.

Don't worry if you see a lot of white space. They'll understand.

Check out these links for acting resumes, they'll help a lot: How to make an acting resume and Acting Resume Template

Good luck!

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Lance Carter