Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/wardrobe fitting-thanks in advance

I have a wardrobe fitting scheduled for a role as an extra- what should I expect at the fitting? (This is my first time)

Hi -

I've done this a bunch of times back when I used to be an extra. The one I remember was for Forrest Gump. I had to be there early and it was freezing in the warehouse!

Basically, you'll show up to the location. They'll have you hang out for a bit and they'll call you into the wardrobe room. They'll have you try on a handful of clothes based on the type of background character you're playing.

Once they're finished, they'll take the clothes and put them away and you'll be finished. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Have fun!

Oh, and if you want to find out more about being an actor, I'd love for you to check out How to become an actor and my site, Daily Actor.

Thanks :)

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Lance Carter

I'm a professional actor. I can answer most questions about the acting industry, help out in becoming an actor, and general acting related questions. I can also answer questions about TV, film and theatre.

I'm a professional actor and a member of SAG-AFTRA and Actors Equity. I've been appeared in film, tv and tons of theatre.

SAG-AFTRA Actors Equity Member of the San Diego Film Critics Society

Daily Actor - Broadway World -

I minored in Theatre at Towson University