Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Acting interview

1. What is a typical day like for you?
2. What are the best aspects of acting?
3. What are the least desirable aspects?
4. Who are the major employers of actors?

1. There's really no typical day. Sometimes I have to wake up early to go to an audition or auditions. Sometimes they are in the afternoon. It's hard to make a schedule! Some actors have classes during the weekday or in the evenings or they have rehearsals for a show that they're in.

And a lot of us have other jobs or businesses. Most actors aren't working on a regular basis. Our real job is looking for the acting work. And usually that doesn't pay the bills. I have friends who are waiters and work in retail. I have a friend who is also a photographer. I run a website called Daily Actor.

So, as you can see, there's no real typical day.

2. The best is when you're on-set (or on-stage) with creative people. Those moments when you're in the middle of a scene and you're not even aware of anything else is wonderful.

3. Not getting enough work!

4. The major studios, especially those who produce TV: CBS, FOX, Warner Brothers, etc.  

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Lance Carter

I'm a professional actor. I can answer most questions about the acting industry, help out in becoming an actor, and general acting related questions. I can also answer questions about TV, film and theatre.

I'm a professional actor and a member of SAG-AFTRA and Actors Equity. I've been appeared in film, tv and tons of theatre.

SAG-AFTRA Actors Equity Member of the San Diego Film Critics Society

Daily Actor - Broadway World -

I minored in Theatre at Towson University