Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/roles in the industry (2)

Ok then lets look at an individual movie.
Remember the titans, iF you can summerize one to two sentences of each persons role in that movie, I can expond on that knowledge.

Producers - find material that can made into a motion picture, then convince someone or some company to finance the making of it.

Directors - storytellers who use their vision to translate the written word of a screenplay into a visual story that entertains and/or moves an audience.

Writers - individuals who create stories and develop ideas into screenplays in the hope that they will be made into motion pictures, television series, etc.

Actors - artists who perform characters in plays, screenplays and teleplays. Some actors are professionals, meaning they are paid to perform these roles.

Hope this helps.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Phil Nemy

I am a motion picture and television producer with over 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry. I am also the author of the book GET A REEL JOB: Finding Your First Job In The Motion Picture Industry In Los Angeles. I can answers questions on a variety of subjects about careers in film from acting to directing to crew work, getting into the unions, successful strategies for networking, etc.

Former VP, Production for The Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group Supervised production on such films as ARMAGEDDON, THE PRINCESS DIARIES, REMEMBER THE TITANS, PEARL HARBOR, CON AIR, ENEMY OF THE STATE, THE ROCK, CRIMSON TIDE, COYOTE UGLY, A CIVIL ACTION, ROMY & MICHELE'S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION, NOTHING TO LOSE, EDDIE and others. Worked as an actor, stage manager, director on broadway and regional theater as well as L.A.' Equity-waiver scene. Former Associate Artistic Director of Los Angeles Equity-Waiver theater.

Director's Guild of America, Screen Actors Guild, Actor's Equity Association

BFA in Acting/Directing from Carnegie Mellon University.

I've worked with such filmmakers as Jerry Bruckheimer, Tony Scott, Steve Zaillian, Scott Rudin, Garry Marshall, Frank Marshall, Michael Bay, etc.