Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Teen actors

Question
I am a teen actor living in the great lakes area. Moving or home school is not an option. What do I do if if I want to get into a movie or full time theatre production?

Answer
Carlee,

Thanks for writing. If you want to do theater, starting checking with your local theater companies about whether or not they hold auditions. I believe that the Great Lakes Shakespeare Company is still a summer theater company in your area. As for films, you might try contacting the film commission in your state or city and see if they can give you a list of film and/or TV shows that may be shooting in your area. Check their list and see if the casting director's name is listed. If you can find that, then you know to whom to send your picture and resume to as they are the ones that will audition you if they think you're right.

Good luck!

Phil

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Phil Nemy