Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Casting Agencies

Question
Hello:

As an actor, you probably work with someone from a casting agency.  If a new actor wanted to have small roles in films or television programs, can someone from a casting agency be helpful even if the role would be as small as an extra in a film?  I know that Central Casting is used for extra roles in films, etc., but the person does not know what the film or television show is about.  Suppose he does not want to be in anything "R" rated?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Hi Kenneth,

I don't know what your objections would be to R rated material, be it religious convictions or what, but it is unlikely that they would ask you to do anything such as nudity, being an extra, but quite simply, all you need to do is to put a header on your resume which states that you will not do R rated content. A guy from my agency head firmly believes against all cahall and tobacco, which was odd, considering he was a bartender! He was also a cousin of a famous basketball star of the time. He stated on his resume and communicated to our agent that he would not do commercials that have to do with those.. problem solved!

Best, Taylor

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Taylor Sheppard