Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Motion Picture/Television Casting

Do you know whether or not the Disney studios have its own casting department for extras and other acting roles?

If someone wanted to be an extra or a bit part in one of these Disney programs/productions or films, is there a certain procedure to use or follow other than through Central Casting?

I thank you for your reply?

Thanks for your note. Disney DOES have a casting department for both their film and TV divisions, but those divisions do not cast extras, only speaking roles.

For extras work, you would be hired through Central Casting or through another extras casting company, whatever company that Disney is using on that project.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Phil Nemy

I am a motion picture and television producer with over 20 years of experience in the entertainment industry. I am also the author of the book GET A REEL JOB: Finding Your First Job In The Motion Picture Industry In Los Angeles. I can answers questions on a variety of subjects about careers in film from acting to directing to crew work, getting into the unions, successful strategies for networking, etc.

Former VP, Production for The Walt Disney Motion Pictures Group Supervised production on such films as ARMAGEDDON, THE PRINCESS DIARIES, REMEMBER THE TITANS, PEARL HARBOR, CON AIR, ENEMY OF THE STATE, THE ROCK, CRIMSON TIDE, COYOTE UGLY, A CIVIL ACTION, ROMY & MICHELE'S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION, NOTHING TO LOSE, EDDIE and others. Worked as an actor, stage manager, director on broadway and regional theater as well as L.A.' Equity-waiver scene. Former Associate Artistic Director of Los Angeles Equity-Waiver theater.

Director's Guild of America, Screen Actors Guild, Actor's Equity Association

BFA in Acting/Directing from Carnegie Mellon University.

I've worked with such filmmakers as Jerry Bruckheimer, Tony Scott, Steve Zaillian, Scott Rudin, Garry Marshall, Frank Marshall, Michael Bay, etc.