Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/applying to a film/acting program at my college

Question
hi hopefully you could answer my question..so um Iv met most of my requirements except for: a letter of application citing your goals in joining the film arts Program and a resume
I don't know what I should say in the letter..how should i start it off? how long should it be? the only thing i can think of saying is my goal is to learn as much as i can and be the best actor i can be and apply the things i learn in this course to my everyday life..which probably wont be acceptable lol and what kind of resume would they want like a regular resume or a acting resume? I have no acting experience at all

Answer
Hi Dahlia,

I don't know how much good I can be to you here, but I will try!

I started out as a drama major in college, but it wasn't a case of having to apply the same way.

You might try stating that you haven't had prior experience in the field, however, your goal is to do as you said, work hard to build a foundation to develop a career in the entertainment industry, not only as an actor, but in all areas, as your ambition is to understand all aspects of the business as you feel it is necessary to completely immerse yourself to be well rounded and function professionally. Which is actually true! You SHOULD know what everyone's job entails in film and theatre. They will have you take stagecraft (building sets) as well as learning direction, motivating actors, etc. I wouldn't say anything about applying to everyday life. You want to sound like you are committed to being in the business. Who knows? Maybe your path will eventually lead you to doing things beyond acting, like directing.

Best, Taylor  

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Taylor Sheppard