Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Over 55 modeling

Question
I am over 55 and am consider going into modeling but would like some information on how to break into the modeling industry on the East coast. I have been researching modeling agencies, but can't seem to find up to day info on those agencies who have clients over 50.

Answer
If you're anywhere near Florida, you will have an easier time locating the right agencies for your age group - however if you look for commercial print agents anywhere, that should get you a list that include agencies who represent all ages.

The SAG/AFTRA website is undergoing maintenance today, but should be back up soon.  They provide a listing of franchised talent agencies (some of who also represent models) across the country: http://sagaftra.org/agency-relations/sag-franchised-agents

Do a search for the area closest to you for agencies who say they are full-service, all ages.  Full service means they represent models (and sometimes other talent) in addition to actors.  You can use your favorite search engine to locate the website of the agencies you are interested in to confirm that they represent commercial print models.  Their website should also provide information on what they want to see from new faces (such as a modeling composite card, or online photos).

Good luck to you,  

~Kitty

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kitty Kavey