Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Electronic Curtains in Movie and Play Theaters.

Question
Dear Peter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtain‎

Is it possible to design and develop electronic curtains where with the help of remote control, the curtain can be moved from

1. Left to Right Movement of Curtain.
2. Right to left Movement of Curtain.
3. Pull up the Curtain.
4. Pull down the Curtain.

There will be push buttons on the Curtain remote control for Various Curtain Operations.

Is it possible to customize the product to use in Theaters where we watch movies and plays ?. The theater curtain will open,close, move from left to right,right to left, pull up, pull down as operated by the remote control device with the push buttons.

So this electronic curtain product will have different flavors to be installed in residential houses, offices, movie and play theaters.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
This seems a fairly trivial question:
Theatre curtains are nowadays run by electric motors, which can easily be controlled by a remote (as garage doors are, for example)
Whether one would want to add the slight uncertainty inherent in a remote is questionable. I suppose with a travelling show it might be useful, but otherwise I should advise hard-wiring the controls from the wings, backed up from the control booth.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Peter Messaline