Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Top rhree favorite English movies.

Question
Dear Kenneth

Can you name your Top three favorite English movies with reasons ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi Prashant, I don't think I can answer your question as you would like, because there are no top three, there are more like a top 25, and the reason I like these films usually is that they have magnificent acting by the star or stars. Most of them are older films as I don't attend the cinema any longer. So besides Great Acting,other things that make me like a film are great directing and editing, superior cinematography, etc.But the most important thing is that it holds my interest and has a strong emotinal effect on me. Most of the films I like are on the list of 100 Best British films and include,but are not limited to: Zulu, Bridge over the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia, Dr. No, The Innocents (perhaps the scariest Ghost story filmed), The Third Man (Terrific Mystery),The Lady Killers )Very funny), Monty Python and The Holy Grail (terrific nonsense), and my all time favorite film, Crack in the Mirror which I assume is British produced.  There are lots more English films that I like. These are bit a few/ I hope this has been helpful. Best wishes, Doc  

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kenneth D. Plonkey