Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Artist Roles Influencing in Real Life.

Question
Dear Kenneth

Do you feel Artists playing roles as a Hero - (Action,Romantic etc) Villain, Comedian, Character artist etc in Movies can really influence the Artist in his real life to some extent ?.

i.e. Some Artists play positive, negative roles which are fictitious in Movies with the same type of roles. Now the artist who is playing the same role in movies can be influenced in his real life ?.

Do you feel the Artists who play the Hero role in Movies are in
real life Heroes ?.
Do you feel the Artists who play the Villain role in Movies are in
real life Villains ?.
Do you feel the Artists who play the Comedian role in Movies are in real life Comedians ?.

If not, can they be influenced in real life because they are playing and depicting the same role type in movies ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant, I feel that artists playing roles only really influence their real lives is they are emotionally immature. Playing a role is a craft project that the actor completes and then moves on.  Just because an actor plays a certain kind of role  should have no bearing on his personal life   Sometimes actors who play heroes are heroes, sometimes they are villains in real life.  It is more likely that an actor who is good at comedy will be funny in real life than a hero be a hero or a William be a villain. The public often identifies the actor with his roles and thus gives them qualities they may not actually have in real life, thus their lives are  sometimes influenced by the roles they play. Nut it is called "Acting" and the actor and the role are not the same person.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kenneth D. Plonkey