Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/I wanted to thank you I'm getting my first role today!

A long long time ago even years ago I wrote to you that I'm afraid of acting but really want to try it because I loved movies so much as a child. Well anyway you encouraged me and I didn't manage any theatre but after a lot of trying I'm getting my first extras role on saving hope tomorrow in Canada. Thank you!

Hi Ana,  Your note gladdens my heart and gives meaning to what I do. Congratulations. I know you are going to have a great time and learn a great deal.  One you have been in a film, perhaps being in a play will not so frightening after all. God bless, Doc

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kenneth D. Plonkey

Questions about acting and directing. Questions about getting started in a careeer. Questions about training and schooling for actors.

I am a retired film actor. I am a retired university theatre program director and professor. I am the author of "The Tao of Acting, Mentoring for the Aspiring Actor" to be published this summer.

BA, MA, PhD in Theatre Post graduate study with certificate in Media Acting

John Golden Traveling Fellowship