Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Hand and Feet Modeling

Question
Hi Kitty - I am interested in hand and feet modeling and do not know how to go about starting. I live in Ohio. Any suggestions? Thank you and appreciate any help or ideas you could give.

Answer
In the larger markets, parts models can find either agencies that work specifically for parts models, or - as tends to be more common - other types of models (such as fashion models or commercial print models) include one or more parts on their composite card or in their portfolio.  Since you are in Ohio, you may want to try starting with commercial print modeling agencies, and tell them that you are interested in parts modeling.

There is a chance that they will consider you solely based on parts, in this case assuming you have exceptional hands and/or feet, or may want you to be more marketable.  You can use one of the modeling agency directories (available in your local library, bookstore or online) and see what types of agencies are in your area, and what types of models they represent.  It is possible that your closest market is New York, and that you may have to search outside of Ohio for the work you want.

Here are a few (photo) tips from a model who does parts modeling as well: http://www.petitemodelingtips.com/2009/01/hand-modeling-and-parts-modeling.html

Good luck to you,
~Kitty

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kitty Kavey