Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/eye blinking during test camera

hello Dear kenneth

I had did lot of test camera for modelling and acting purposes for few months ago ( for free ) in local casting agency office but unfortunately I didnt recieve any call till now

when I thinking what is the reason for this delay , I remebered that I have a problem with my eyes regarding allergy let me blinking ot squainting a lot sometime close my eyes when talking

I have attached a you tube 30 sec video of old test camera contain few eye disorder I mentioned

so please let me know regarding your expertise , is this problem me stumble me in model or acting career ? is this may be a reason where the casting directors may avoid me ?

last thing I have some website want to registered but they required a fees please check them to give me your opinion about their credability

thanks and best regards

Dear AO. Unfortantely, I do not have time to watch your videos, but I can tell you that it is very important that you do not have a lot eye movement on camera unless it is part of the action of the scene. Too much blinking could indeed be a reason why you have not been called prior to this time.  You need a special lesson in camera acting that includes special control of facial expression. Best regards, Doc.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kenneth D. Plonkey

Questions about acting and directing. Questions about getting started in a careeer. Questions about training and schooling for actors.

I am a retired film actor. I am a retired university theatre program director and professor. I am the author of "The Tao of Acting, Mentoring for the Aspiring Actor" to be published this summer.

BA, MA, PhD in Theatre Post graduate study with certificate in Media Acting

John Golden Traveling Fellowship