Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/continue

Question
QUESTION: hai kitty

so from you answer I learned that I have to get away from fashion modelling or glamour modelling or these kind of modelling who required special bodies and faces , yes I like to perform , make impressions , act to pantomime also shooted as photos with reaction and impression I like costume , from my child desire to be shooted or acting wearing cowboys,batman evil joker,middle age cloths , old england cloths ,old classic american and english cloths , clown , I like to paint my face do an actions , when I wad child I usually like to scribble my face and buy masks human masks not horror or funny I like to wear people mask change my voice and create a character I like to wear different wigs despite of I m not bald , like  to wear animation and cartoons characters clothes etc

so fashion is not in my mind , I did it by the way , in other hand when I said to you I ll travel I ll not intend to travel for specific job I ll travel and stay their for at least one or two months and applying for all jobs exist until compensate and patient

about via I ll firstly take a visit visa when I find job I ll issue work permit legally to legalize my stay , don't worry I have this culture but the problem that embassies not give work permit without job offer so you have to search first find interview that obtain the job offer

I had checked the your website , I found you work also in voice over and creative writing  , I m doing voice over in arabic and english also I m creative writer but in arabic  with little english let us talk about voice ove first if you interested let me know to send you demos

ANSWER: Hello Ahmed,

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.  My agent represents both acting talent as well as voiceover artists, and you may find that other agencies represent in more than one area - such as commercial print models and actors, voiceover and actors, etc. - so you may only need to find one agent to represent you.  Personally, I find voiceover to be the easiest, although maybe not as fun as acting.  But for every person it is different.  Some prefer one thing more than another.  You just have to find where you fit in, to what you want to do.  Maybe theater acting is something for you.  Again, there may be agencies who represent for one type of acting, but not another, so make sure you're only applying for what you want to do, and where you want to do it.

There is also the possibility to work without an agent doing voiceover, if you have a home studio.  I do not, but I know people who do.  You can use your favorite search engine to look up online voiceover companies, listen to professional demos in English and Arabic, and see if it sounds like something you want to do, either on your own or through an agent.

Good luck to you,
~Kitty

QUESTION: Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.

***yes of course

My agent represents both acting talent as well as voiceover artists, and you may find that other agencies represent in more than one area - such as commercial print models and actors, voiceover and actors, etc. - so you may only need to find one agent to represent you.  Personally

*** OMG , yes had touched what m I suffer , yes my dear I really trying to find an agent direct me and market me in person because I doing many things , but how to find it ? I really searching and searching and begin to be bored

I find voiceover to be the easiest, although maybe not as fun as acting.  But for every person it is different.  Some prefer one thing more than another.

*** I had received a voice over training also radio anchorman , I have profile register in lot of online agents , recieved jobs apply weekly and daily but no response , I talk some time negative feedback about pronunciation and control of my salvia etc .............. also agent encourage me to continue because they said I owe a unique voice and performance  but I have ri receive lot of training in reading and breathing ,............. , I illustrated that voice over is easier than voice acting and radio broadcasting but I found vice versa , I found voice acting and radio broadcasting has much freedom and creativity rather than voice over , there is some areas I like in voice over rather than other I like (movie trailers , animation acting , movie commentaries and life story of famous or effect person documentary , commercials only) I hate other areas

There is also the possibility to work without an agent doing voiceover, if you have a home studio.  I do not, but I know people who do.  

very expensive I m wait to earn even small amount from my work firstly to improve my skills , till now I didn't receive any penny from doing voice over , I have professional voice demos , but still not work also radio broadcasting still not work

ANSWER: There are (print) talent agency directories, at least in America, but the way I found my agent was online.  I did a search like this one: voice-over talent agent Amsterdam, and looked at the results.  I chose one that I thought suited my situation best, and they've represented me for years.  One thing I suggested a long time ago, if you cannot find the opportunities you want, create them.  I'm currently working on an animation short film, simply since it's something I've no experience in.  I got together a couple other people who also have no experience in animation filmmaking, and we're each contributing what our interests are (voiceover, original music, story).  When we are done with the audio, we'll find either students of animation or a company that wants to work with animation, but has no clients in that area yet (and needs a demo).  One could do the same thing with acting.  Create a short, which these days can literally be shot on a cell phone.  Make a documentary, or do a play.  You can work with schools for talent and equipment.  Or get creative and use a networking service to connect with people with the same interests.  If you can't find something already established, create it.  If you can't find another person, look into podcasting (video or audio), one-man plays, or whatever interests you.  It can be done, without lots of money, without a large group of people, in most corners of the globe.  Find it, or create it - both are possible.

Good luck to you,
~Kitty

QUESTION: I m really thinking in this way , I m walking in the both direction in parallel

1- find an agent
2- do my own work but you it take awhile to find right people ans serious too , I found lot of people but the most not serious or cant give any kind of commitment but I m still searching , I have lot of ideas and story also I can act , write script , do voice over , sing also , playing org but also need others , specially I m not only have high quality mobile camera but also I have professional digital sony camera

thanks dear I ll follow up you with the recent updates
best regards
if you mind can I send you via your email ?

Answer
With the equipment you have, you could certainly do podcasts, video casts, shorts and demos, plays and one-man shows without the need for anyone else, or an agent.  Of course, putting together an online show might take more time than you have, but you can figure what fits into your schedule and interests best.  If you make a film like what I'm doing, you don't even need to be in the same country as the other people you work with.  I just read about a live-action film that is being directed via Skype, so really most anything is possible.  The only thing that works against you is time.  Many people need to work one or two jobs in addition to school, family and other obligations, before they can spend the time pursuing their dreams.  I'm doing the same over here, trying to fit as much as I can into each day.  So do what you can, when you are able, and keep on the paths you have chosen.

Good luck to you, and much success.
~Kitty

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Kitty Kavey