Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing/Actor's resume

Dear Rusty,

I'm a former actor who has decided to return. So, you know I am now 41 years old, and recently I finished extra work on Marvel's Iron Fist. I loved it. I'm ready for more.

I was advised by another more experienced actor that I shouldn't list extra work on my resume. He emphasized that no serious actor would do that, if they want to move up. Do you agree with this?

I'm admittedly green. Most of my acting work was in theater. Can you direct me to a reliable and trustworthy source- a book, a website, an organization- that will show me what to list and how to list on my resume?

Thank you for your time during your busy schedule.

Depending on where you live, I suggest asking a local acting coach that has at least some on camera principal credits in LA and/or NY. If you are trying to get back into the industry, why not start back into theatre where you have the most experience first? If you live in LA or NY and want to do this for a living then doing extra work is fine (for the money) for a little while. If you aren't familiar with acting in front of a camera extra won't help much, because you aren't really in front of the camera. You can learn a lot on any set but not much doing background work. So IMO you should NOT put that on your resume. may have some articles on this subject too. Your first thing you should do is find a legit acting coach that can be found on Good Luck.

Careers: Acting, Performing, Directing

Rusty Meyers

A 30+ year Vested member of SAG AFTRA EQUITY

Best Director (City Life Magazine) Las Vegas, NV. 2006 Best Actor Award for the 48 Hour Film Festival.

Past/Present Clients Founder/Director of RAW (Real Actors Workshop) in Las Vegas, NV. 702-939-8080