Careers: Business/career advice

Dear Elisabeth,

I need a answer from an expert and when I read your answers,it really impressed me(sorry english is not my native language).
I work in a construction company,financial department.
My chef told me that on January,  they will high me on career,I will be the financial director of a new object which begin on January 2013.
I am really happy about this and I am very thankfull to them.I am 25 years and this is a big career scale for me.
My answer is:what are the most general things a financial director should know? Where should I concenrate ? What should I do to show the chef and boss that they have made the right choose when they choose me?
Thanks a lot
I am very exited !

Excellent questions.  I have attached for you a link that will help you with your first inquiry.

In regards to your second question, here is what I recommend.  What you can do is go above and beyond what is asked of you.  This can mean getting things done early, asking if their is anything extra you can do to help, staying one step ahead of your boss; all of these should help a lot in letting them know that they made the right choice.  I would suggest doing everything with excellence no matter what, and giving God all the glory too.  

Have a blessed weekend.

Careers: Business

Dr. Elizabeth Mattke

I can answer questions in a variety of questions. For example, "What can a person do in the business field? or Is this field in demand?" The inquiries I can reply to is anything career-related; additionally, I will only answer them if they are in question format.

I have my own business consulting firm. In fact, I am a business owner and have done so for the past five years. My passion is teaching and running my own business, and both of these areas I have succeeded with in my life.

Manhattan Christian College Alumni Association Fort Hays State University Alumni Association

“Greater Wichita YMCA Case Study on Servant Leadership” International Journal of Diversity on March 15, 2010 With Franklin Publishing Company “Employer Hiring Practices that Discriminate Against Women in the United States” Ethics and Critical Thinking Journal on June 15, 2010 With Franklin Publishing Company “Afford A Care Case Study on Situational Leadership” International Journal of Diversity on December 15, 2010 With Franklin Publishing Company "Grace: Why is it so Important?" Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Journal on September 15, 2011 with Franklin Publishing Company. "A Comparative Analysis of Subsitent Leadership in the Wichita, Kansas Area with Sonic and Five Guys Restaurant." Business & Law Journal. March 15, 2014 with Franklin Publishing Company. "The Time of the Gentiles." Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Journal. September 15, 2014 with Franklin Publishing Company. “Survival: A Memoir in Dealing with Rape and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.” (April 21, 2011). Chipmunka Publishing: London, England. "A PTSD Workbook for Rape Survivors: The Transformation from Grief to Forgiveness. A Christ Centered Healing Journey." (2012). Chipmunka Publishing: London, England. "Servant-Leadership and Grace: Changing one Person at a Time." (2013). Lambert Academic Publishing: Saarbrücken, Germany.

Ph.D. Organizational Psychology- 2014 Master of Liberal Studies in Organizational Leadership with a minor in Human Resource Management-2009 Bachelor of Science in Ministry and Leadership-2008 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology-2007 Associate of Arts in Psychology-2006

Runner up for Class President with the Citizen Police Academy- November 3, 2009 Debate Judge for Wichita Collegiate School on October 31, 2009 Guest Speaker for MCC with the WFPS Conference- October 17, 2009 “The Role of Women’s Rights and Rape” was the topic Taught Supervisory Leadership and HR Management- August 2008-December 2009 Put together online B.S. Biblical Leadership program for Manhattan Christian College- August 2007-July 2008 Dean’s Honor Roll at Manhattan Christian College online- Fall 2007 National Scholars Honor Society- January 2007 Chancellor’s List for excellent grades at Butler County Community College– Spring 2004 and 2005 National Deans List- 2001 Who’s Who Among American High School Students for excellent grades at Rose Hill– 1999-2001

My clients are predominantly in the city of Wichita, KS and within the USA. However, I have also helped others around the globe, such as China, Europe, India, Africa and South America. The YMCA is one location in which I studied for my Master's degree. Regardless, I will teach and provide any kind of business advice in any location. I value my clients and students in anyway possible in which to help them to become a success no matter what.