Careers: Business/9-5 day job while pursuing passion

Question
Hello, Leo,

I'm 24 years old and quit my marketing job back in September of 2012 because I wanted to take some serious time off to pursue my passion. I've recently realized that acting or performing is something I want to pursue for the next 4~5 years. Many people tell me that I am talented (including teachers).

But now, I do need the income.
My question is, how do you think I should leverage my marketing/business experience to find a 9-to-5 job while still pursuing my passion?

My background is in business but since I am not getting any job interviews, it might be a better idea to apply as a receptionist somewhere or even work at a restaurant for $10,000 ~ $20,000 less pay during the day, and just pursue my passion at night.

I guess I'm just scared .. I was once working for legitimate companies and had great potential to move up in those companies but ever since I started thinking about my passion more seriously, there's no way I can juggle 50,60 hour/week jobs and still have free time in the evenings to pursue what I love. So I guess I will have to give up all that and apply for lot less important jobs at offices or even waiter jobs, but it's just been scary for me. And it's been hard to find that regular 9-to-5 job.

Thank you in advance

Answer
JEREMY,

I  understand  your  situation.

If  you  have  passion in some subjects, say, acting  /  singing  etc.
IT  means  you  have the aptitude/  also your  attitude  is  also  leaning  towards  it.

MY  SUGGESTION, PICK  UP  JOBS  LIKE

-retail  positions
-courier  service
-commissioned  salesperson
-restuarants
Etc

EVEN   WEEK END  JOBS  TO  MAKE  UP  THE  SALARY.

THEN YOU  CAN  PURSUE  YOUR  PASSION   AND  MAKE   A  LIVING  OUT  OF  IT.

SOME  SACRIFICE  IS REQUIRED.

REGARDS
LEO  LINGHAM

Careers: Business

Leo Lingham