Careers: Chemistry/career guidance

Can you please guide me regarding careers after completing masters in pharmacy and also i would like to know if there are any good courses that would help me in enhancing my salary as well.

I would to know the best institutes in India and if possible in Andhra Pradesh.

Dear Malika:

I have no basis for an opinion on either job markets or higher education in India (I am in the US).  However, I have several friends from graduate school who are originally from India with pharmacy degrees.  All of them used the same method to get a job in the US.

1) they came over on a student visa to get a masters in chemistry
2) they practiced very hard for the TSE and TOEFL
3) they studied very hard for the international pharmacy exam
4) they completed their masters degrees in chemistry
5) they then were able to turn their student visas into work visas to work for US pharmacies.

Apparently, the first and fourth step was critical.  The reason for this: apparently it is very hard to get hired directly for a US job while still in India.  So they use the chemistry degree to get into the US. By completing the chemistry degree they display that the are in the US for legitimate reasons - this results in them being able to smoothly transition from a student visa to a work visa.

I am not sure if this is useful, but it is the extent of my experience.  I know that all of my friends are very happy with their lives as pharmacists in the US and that they are doing very well for themselves.

Take care!

Careers: Chemistry

Dr. Jeffery Raymond

Materials chemistry. Materials science. Spectroscopy. Polymer science. Physical Chemistry. General Physics. Technical writing. General Applied Mathematics. Nanomaterials. Optoelectronic Behavior. Science Policy.

Teaching: General Inorganic Chemistry I & II, Organic Chemistry I & II, Physical Chemistry I, Polymeric Materials, General Physics I, Calculus I & II
My prior experience includes the United States Army and three years as a development chemist in industry. Currently I am the Assistant Director of the Laboratory for Synthetic Biological Interactions. All told, 13 years of experience in research, development and science education.

Texas A&M University, American Chemical Society, POLY-ACS, SPIE

Journal of the American Chemical Society, Nanoletters, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, Ultramicroscopy Proceedings of SPIE, Proceedings of MRS, Polymer News, Chemical and Engineering News, Nano Letters, Small,, Angewandte

PhD Macromolecular Science and Engineering (Photophysics/Nanomaterials Concentration), MS Materials Science, BS Chemistry and Physics, Graduate Certificate in Science Policy, AAS Chemical Technology, AAS Engineering Technology