Careers: EMT/Emergency Medical Technicians/sphenoid sinus infection

I have had a sinus infection for about 8 weeks.Symptoms did not resolve with antibiotics.  I went to an ENT.  A recent CT scan I am taking prednisone, amoxicilan, rx decongestant and two antibiotics and a steroid delivered by a nasal nebulizer. What urgent signs should I be aware of that I need medical care prior to my next scheduled appointment with the ENT in a week?-

Sorry to hear your sick Roxy,

It sounds like you have a pretty good infection, but you also have very aggressive treatment that will hopeful clear it up soon. Because your ENT has fully evaluated you and knows you better than I do it would be best to ask him/ her this question (if they haven't given you a sheet of things to look for already). I wish I could have given you more of an answer. good luck, you should start to feel better soon.

Careers: EMT/Emergency Medical Technicians

Marcus LaBarbera

I am available to answer most questions related to: first aid, pre- hospital medicine, EMT and Paramedic questions, CC-EMTP Course offered through UMBC, medical transport, critical care transport, ICU/CCU care, sedation, and medicine in general.

I have worked as a NYS Paramedic since 1993 for both community based ambulance companies and large commercial agencies. I Have experience as bike team commander, and shift supervisor for a commercial ambulance. As a member of the Disaster team I was deployed to Louisiana for 20 days following hurricane Katrina. I worked along side the county Haz-Mat team as a "Tox-Medic" with advanced training in treating injuries from chemical agents. Besides my experience on the on the ambulance I have worked in a number of hospital based offices including dialysis and a sleep lab.

I started my EMS career as a NYS CFR (Certified First Responder)in 1989, an EMT in 1991, a Paramedic since 1993, and a CCU transport paramedic since 2005. I currently hold certification as a: NYS Paramedic, Critical Care Transport Paramedic, ACLS/CPR/PALS certified. Advanced Haz-Mat Life Support certified (AHLS). In the past I have taught CPR and ACLS to my coworkers and the local community.