Careers: Flying & Aviation/Aviation technology

Dear David,

Thank you for your information. It's really helpful

What's an Aviation technology? Which the courses are delated to Aviation technology? My view, Aviation technology has huge and larscale directions, however, I need your opinion!

Afterwards, Are there any Aviation Law/Regulations/Legislations  master degree in the UK or Australia

Thank you in advance,

Dear Mukhit:

Thank you for your questions, I will try to assist.

Aviation Technology, in the higher education world, is a field of study (or discipline) devoted to the study of aircraft and how they well as how to work on them from an aviation maintenance perspective.  An Aviation Technology degree normally results in the student qualifying to take the Oral and Practical examinations to receive Federal Aviation Administraiton (in the USA), or ICAO, certification as an "Airframe and Power Plant" aviation technician.  Courses related to aviation technology will include such things as Aviation Composite Repair, Aviation Regulations, Human Factors in aviation, Aviation Science, Hydaulics, Basic Electricity, Fuels Systems, Turbine Transition/Engines, Landing Gear Systems, etc.

Overall, in the USA, there are over 400,000 certificated Airframe and Power Plant Mechanics and many of them work in the airline industry, in the aerospace manufacturing industry and for overhaul/repair operations.

As for aviation law/legislation master's degree in the UK or Australia, I do not know of any.  There is a Master of Aviation Management at Griffiths University, near Brisbane, Australia.

Best wishes to you,

David A. NewMyer

Careers: Flying & Aviation

David A. NewMyer

Can advise people thinking about beginning and aviation career and espcially those thinking about an aviation university program. Can also help with aviation scholarship questions. I am particularly strong in questions related to starting a flight career, choosing a university flight or aviation management program, aviation internships and aviation scholarships. Also, I can assist with questions about airport management and planning careers and oveall aviation industry employment questions.

Prepared In addition to aviation education, I work at a major university, I have worked as an airport planner preparing airport system plans, airport master plan and environmental assessment reports for the Chicago area in general and for several individual Illinois airports.