Careers: Flying & Aviation/aviation internships forsummer 2014

i am a second year student of aviation management at THE MOSCOW STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CIVIL AVIATION RUSSIA.I am very much interested in a summer internship in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA in summer 2014 prior to my bachelors degree because it will boast my job chances after graduation,Does boeing and american aviation companies and airlines accept internship for foreign students?

Nice to hear from you, I will try to assist!

Your email indicates that you want an Internship for the Summer of 2014, which will give you the time to do the research to find out what internships will be available to you at that time.  I do not know which aviation employers in the USA will accept an intern from Russia, but, my best guess is that the larger airports and airlines will be your best opportunity.  I am not sure if the Boeing Company provides internships to foreign nationals or not.  You would need to contact them via their website and ask them that question:   You might try the Boeing Commercial Airplane company specifically, which is located in the Seattle, Washington area.  The military/defense side of Boeing, located primarily in St. Louis, Philadelphia and Phoenix, would not likely have foreign national interns.

In addition to Boeing, Southwest Airlines has a large internship program that includes many different departments of their airline.  If you go to their website and then go to the bottom of their main webpage and click on "careers" you will find the link to their internship program.  Similarly, you will want to consult the websites of those larger U. S. airlines such as:

American Airlines

Delta Air Lines

United Airlines

Federal Express (all cargo)

United Airlines

US Airways

US Airports must be contacted individually for information about their internships. But, the most busy airports would be your best opportunity, including:

Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport (KATL)

Chicago O'Hare International Airport (KORD)

Denver International Airport (KDIA)

Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX)

Miami International Airport (KMIA)

You can Google each airport and find a connection their personnel or human relations department where you can find further information on their internship offerings.

In addition, you might consult the American Association of Airport Executives (or AAAE) at as they have a listing of airport internships.  They also have "Academic" (or student) memberships available for only $40 US.  For this membership, they will email to you a copy of their email newsletter "Airport Report" which is issued twice per week.  It contains a number of job listings each week, including some internships.  In order to join AAAE, you must provide proof of your enrollment in the Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation. (a letter from the institution that verifies your enrolment would suffice).

If you need further information, pleasse follow up with another question via

Thank you and best wishes,

David A. NewMyer

Careers: Flying & Aviation

David A. NewMyer

Can advise people thinking about beginning and aviation career and espcially those thinking about an aviation university program. Can also help with aviation scholarship questions. I am particularly strong in questions related to starting a flight career, choosing a university flight or aviation management program, aviation internships and aviation scholarships. Also, I can assist with questions about airport management and planning careers and oveall aviation industry employment questions.

Prepared In addition to aviation education, I work at a major university, I have worked as an airport planner preparing airport system plans, airport master plan and environmental assessment reports for the Chicago area in general and for several individual Illinois airports.