Careers: Flying & Aviation/admission in aviation management

Question
hello sir
i am currently in final year of my b.tech degree in electronics and communication.
and after that i am planning to do MBA in aviation management,and for the same i had applied in UPES dehradun and got selected for aviation management
kindly guide me that is doing MBA in avition will be a good path for me...??
also is UPES dehradun will be a good college for that...??

thankyou

ashwini rawat

Answer
Dear Ashwini:

Thank you for your question, I will try to assist.

Your first question is whether or not the MBA in aviation management is a good path for you?  The answer is that it depends on what your career goals are and what you want to do with your degrees?  You are currently taking a b.tech degree in electronics and communications---why the switch in discipline to an MBA in Aviation Management?  Does the aviation industry appeal to you as a place where you want to work?

One thought is that electronics, communication and aviation do intersect in several ways within the aviation industry. So, perhaps you can find an aviation electronics company to work for after your MBA in Aviation Management, or, perhaps you can work for a communications company that works within aviation?   There are a number of ways to combine these discipline areas.  But, it is important for YOU to answer this question from the perspective of what you are interested in doing with your life and also from the perspective of answering this question:  "what kind of work do I like to do?"  If aviation is where you want to be, the MBA in Aviation Management will get you a start in that direction!

The program at UPES Dehradun is one that is known and is generally respected.  Your best bet is to ask them about their placement rates and also examples of their placements (where do their graduates go to work?).  Also, what do they do at UEPS to assist new graduates to find employment in the aviation insdtry?

I hope that this answer helps.

Best wishes,

David NewMyer

Careers: Flying & Aviation

David A. NewMyer