Careers: Flying & Aviation/Missing flight

What is your opinion of this missing malaysia flight? Is there really such training for commer ial oilots as tactical maneuvering? Also could this plane be hidden if it indeed landed ? I mean they couldnt even turnthis plane back oncoukd they and how come transponders can be turned on amd off is it because they give off false readings at times? What do you think happened?

Why do you think there was anything such as "tactical maneuvering" involved? The plane simply turned and that can be done very easily. Any airplane can be hidden by simply parking it in a hangar. If the plane was stolen, the thieves probably planned ahead a built or prepped a hiding place for it, most likely a hangar. To much misinformation about a transponder. It is simply a radio that transmits an aircraft position. Like any radio in any aircraft, it turns off and on with a simple switch. This plane has been stolen in my opinion. For what purpose, who knows. Hostages, ransom, resale, to turn it into a weapon? Pirates take over huge ocean going an aircraft has been pirated away. We will know soon I bet.  

Careers: Flying & Aviation

Doug Welshinger

Army Aviation, Commercial Aviation including regional and major, EMS helicopter

I flew Blackhawk helicopters for 9 years in the U.S. Army active duty and guard. I flew the SF340 and Canadair Regional Jet for Comair and the DC-9 for Northwest. I am currently flying EMS missions in BK-117 and EC-145 helicopters for Air Methods Corporation. I hold an ATP Turbojet rating, Commercial Instrument Rotorcraft and have been a CFI and MEI airplane instructor in addition to instructing in the military and in simulators.

Professional Helicopter Pilots Organization Nation EMS Pilots Association

B.S. Aviation Science Oklahoma State University U.S. Army Warrant Officer Aviation Course ATP Turbojet Commercial Instrument Rotorcraft In addition I own and operate a small business employing 70 full and part time folks not in the aviation industry.