Careers: Flying & Aviation/aviation careeer

I'm a young girl still doing my high school...I want to know what subject i need to choose if i want to be a pilot

You state you are living in Swaziland and I cannot address what is required in Africa as the requirements may be different than in the United States. I suggest you search the companies where you one day woould like to fly, then look to see if they have any education specific requirements. In the United States, it doesn't matter what subjects you take but having an Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred, if not required, to fly professionally. (You do not need a degree in math or aero engineering as some believe.) Basic high school algebra or physics is more than enough to understand the concepts of flight and calculate flight performance.

You should definitely reach out to the South African Women In Aviation group:
"Founded in 2009, SAWIA is a registered non-profit organisation and public benefit organisation dedicated to the empowerment of women in the aviation and aerospace industry in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. By establishing a forum that creates access to more experienced industry professionals, affording aspiring aviatrix the chance to exchange ideas, network and develop relationships crucial to career success, SAWIA aspires to be the primary network for established and aspiring female aviation professionals in the region."

Specifically, their Girls Fly Program is something you may want to get involved with-

"SAWIA’s Girl Fly Programme in Africa (GFPA) is an information and skills development education programme for high school learners who have an interest in the aviation and aerospace industry. The education programme is designed to expose young women (and the public) to a world of opportunities, while highlighting the achievements of women in aviation and aerospace."

The International Organization of Women Pilots known as "The Ninety-Nines Inc." and Women in Aviation International are both US based but have worldwide memberships. They also both provide flight scholarships to qualified members.

Research Arican aviation at these links-

Perhaps you would be interested in these sites as well-

Hope this helps,

D. Norkus

Careers: Flying & Aviation

D. Norkus

I can address questions about airline pilot employment & entry level airline careers in the United States, women pilots, flight training, pilot certification, U.S. flight scholarships (mostly for women), aviation & airline safety topics, aviation accident investigation and airline operations. ***Please note, I cannot address flight training & career queries from outside the United States, or aero engineering degree programs/careers, aviation management topics. ****

Airline captain with 15 years past experience in airline ground operations. I have previously flown as a commercial skydive pilot & ferry pilot and majored in Aviation Science

International Organization of Women Pilots- The Ninety-Nines, charter member of Women In Aviation International, Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association, Air Line Pilots Association.

Embry Riddle Aeronautical University; Aviation Safety/Accident investigation.