Careers: Flying & Aviation/Airline careers in the UK

I am an experienced operations staff with responsibilities up to the management level. I wish to relocate to the UK out of my country, to look for a better job. Will you be so kind in telling me how to go about it and which airlines can possibly give work to an African like me. Or get head hunted?

Dear Nataya,

I live and work in the United States so have little knowledge of the airline industry in the UK.  I recommend researching on some well known websites like PPRUNE.  You can find some interesting reading about the airline business on that site and others.  Don't give up on your goals.  Keep working, studying and striving to achieve what you want.  Good Luck

Careers: Flying & Aviation

Doug Welshinger

Army Aviation, Commercial Aviation including regional and major, EMS helicopter

I flew Blackhawk helicopters for 9 years in the U.S. Army active duty and guard. I flew the SF340 and Canadair Regional Jet for Comair and the DC-9 for Northwest. I am currently flying EMS missions in BK-117 and EC-145 helicopters for Air Methods Corporation. I hold an ATP Turbojet rating, Commercial Instrument Rotorcraft and have been a CFI and MEI airplane instructor in addition to instructing in the military and in simulators.

Professional Helicopter Pilots Organization Nation EMS Pilots Association

B.S. Aviation Science Oklahoma State University U.S. Army Warrant Officer Aviation Course ATP Turbojet Commercial Instrument Rotorcraft In addition I own and operate a small business employing 70 full and part time folks not in the aviation industry.