Careers: Geology/petrouleum geology

Question
fluvial rocks prone to more reservior or of marine origin?

Answer
Dear wasim,
It is really a good question. Thank you.

Globally, as on date, most of the hydrocarbon volumes are contained in Transitional (like deltaic or esttuarian), shallow marine and deep marine environments.

Not only that, super deep areas of marine environment are being ambitiously explored globally for hydrocarbons for future.

Although continental deposits contain many big hydrocarbon reserves, it will be wrong to conclude that only "fluvial" environment is sole proprietor. In fact lakes, piedmont fans and isolated water bodies' complex also contain significant amount of hydrocarbons.

Thanks and regards.  

Careers: Geology

Amit Roy Chowdhury