Careers: Geology/petrouleum geology

fluvial rocks prone to more reservior or of marine origin?

Dear wasim,
It is really a good question. Thank you.

Globally, as on date, most of the hydrocarbon volumes are contained in Transitional (like deltaic or esttuarian), shallow marine and deep marine environments.

Not only that, super deep areas of marine environment are being ambitiously explored globally for hydrocarbons for future.

Although continental deposits contain many big hydrocarbon reserves, it will be wrong to conclude that only "fluvial" environment is sole proprietor. In fact lakes, piedmont fans and isolated water bodies' complex also contain significant amount of hydrocarbons.

Thanks and regards.  

Careers: Geology

Amit Roy Chowdhury

I shall answer general questions related to clastic sedimentology. I shall be specially interested to reply to any question on continental deposits, particularly fluvial deposits. As I have about 15 years of experience in working in the field of petroleum geology, I shall love to answer questions related to exploration of hydrocarbons in the aforesaid sedimentary environment. To do so, I may guide how to use all geoscientific data - geological, seismic data and electrolog data acquired in the area of study. However, as I have no exposure in lab work, I may be excused from answering any question akin to sed lab,pal lab or chem lab.

25 years together in petroleum E&P industry

M. Sc. (Applied Geology) & MBA