Careers: Geology/what can i do for job

Question
Assalam-o-Alaikum

dear sir i am student of geology.now i knew that there is a downfall in oil industries and have very few job opportunity in this field so how can i get i job after graduate ?

Answer
Muhammad:

The industry has just suffered a downturn.  It will come back in a year or so.  This is a normal thing.  In my career in the industry I have been laid off or changed jobs five times.  I recently got laid off after ten years with the same company.

I don't know how long you have till you graduate, but I would not get too concerned.  There are always jobs available.   You might just have to look harder and be more persistent in your search.

Companies will still be looking for oil, and people will soon be retiring and they will need to be replaced.  

So continue your studies and get prepared for your job search when you graduate.

Also most companies want Masters degrees, so if you are working on your BS, consider continuing to stay in school another two years to get a MS and by then, the industry will be on an upswing.

Careers: Geology

Keith Patton