Careers: Geology/career


dear Sir,
         i have complete BS-GEOLOGY in 2012 From azad Kashmir Pakistan. i want to take admission in MS(Civil Eng). is it my right decision?
waqar ahmed

Dear Ahmed Bhai,
I am afraid that I am hearing such proposition for the first time. You have completed your graduation in Geology but want to do your Masters in Civil Engg.
In most of the advanced countries of the world such switch over is not imaginable. In most of the countries (advance or otherwise) such degrees are not recognized at all.
I will rather advise you to go ahead with some post graduate management course (it is called MBA in India), in case you do not want to continue with Geology.
Best of lucks.

Careers: Geology

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Amit Roy Chowdhury


I shall answer general questions related to clastic sedimentology. I shall be specially interested to reply to any question on continental deposits, particularly fluvial deposits. As I have about 15 years of experience in working in the field of petroleum geology, I shall love to answer questions related to exploration of hydrocarbons in the aforesaid sedimentary environment. To do so, I may guide how to use all geoscientific data - geological, seismic data and electrolog data acquired in the area of study. However, as I have no exposure in lab work, I may be excused from answering any question akin to sed lab,pal lab or chem lab.


25 years together in petroleum E&P industry


M. Sc. (Applied Geology) & MBA

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]