Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Joining the military

Joe wrote at 2009-10-31 15:51:52
I got the Visian ICL because I was not eligible for LASIK (cornea is too thin).  My vision is 20/20 and has been stable for a year now.  BUT, I was rejected for military service when I tried enlisting.  MEPS would not give a waiver.  But certainly try...the government always changes its mind!

dockery wrote at 2012-12-10 23:22:37
I know this is old but did you ever get your waiver? My icl waiver took five months but finally got approved and I ship in two months.. from all the research I've done icl is pretty much a no go but somehow I got mine approved.  Hope you had the same outcome.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Howard Lorenz

I have spent the past 20 years in the U.S. Air Force, 3 years was assigned as an Enlisted Accessions Recruiter. I have been deployed various times to several locations. If it is a career in the military you are looking for or thinking about I most likely have the answer. I still have contacts with in the recruiting field and if I don't know the answer then I have folks who do where I can find the answer. I am very blunt and straight forward and will make no attempts to BS you. I will give you the best information that I possible can can. If you think that you cant handle the answer that I give you, then don't ask the question...... If you are planning on joining the military, your number 1 decision factor in making this kind of move is that you need to be more concerned about serving your country than your country serving you!! All the benefits are the best that you can find. Education is at a premium right now and its the most rewarding thing that you can do. If I dont answer right away probably means that I am busy, but have patience, I will get to you.

Air Force Recruiter for 3 years, Air Force Career 21 Years

Veterans of Foreign Wars

Community College of the Air Force, International Air Academy, Allied Business Schools, Embry Riddle Aeronautical College, Defense Acquisition University