Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/KIDNEY DONATION

Ski wrote at 2011-12-14 13:28:00
This doesn't sound correct because the Navy will discharge you if you have any signs of kidney diease. I dont believe they will allow a service personal donate organs. They will have to go before a medical exam board and they will not approve it. I know people that have been medically discharged because of their kidney functions were not sufficient.

John wrote at 2013-09-21 16:05:03
I have enlisted people with 1 kidney before, so as long as your one kidney functioning normally, and the other one was not lost by disease.

Service members can donate a kidney, I had a guy in my unit donate one to another guy in the unit 4 years ago, and both are still serving today.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L