Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/General military question

Question
I'm 22 years old, about to turn 23 in January. I just graduated from UW-Whitewater this spring of 2012 with a degree in business. As of now, i have a good job and somewhat enjoy it, but i've always questioned if I should join the military, not sure what branch...i'll figure that out later.

Are there any advantages of joining the military after graduating. I don't really have much in the way of debt at all and basically no commitments in my life at this point. I'm just looking for a potential career path to challenge me both physically and mentally and the military was just about the only career I could think of to do that. My family also has some history in the military and I think it would be great to serve my country.

Anyways, what are possible options for my situation if any? Not sure what branch I'd join, but I did strongly consider the air force academy when i graduated high school.

Answer
The biggest benefits are what you make it.  Some people like the challenge of a military career, whether it is a part time in the reserves or National Guard, or full time active duty.  There can be officer options for you since you have a degree, if you meet the other requirements.

Serving in the military itself can be rewarding, with long term benefits in the civilian world because of your military background.

So do your research, talk to people who have served or are serving.  Talk to all branches, and don't forget about local Guard units where you can serve locally in your town youlive in now or nearby.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L