Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Marine Corps

Question
Hi, what jobs can women have in the Marines? Also, how do I know which MCRD I go to?

Answer
Hi Jane,

That`s an excellent question. Women have undoubtedly come a long way since they were first officially allowed in the military. In the Marines, women can have almost every single MOS (M ilitary O ccupational S pecialty) except for infantry, artillery, and armor. They can also not be in MARSOC and Recon.

Here`s a list of every MOS the Marine Corps has: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_MOS

Women cannot be in fields 03xx, 05xx, 08xx, 18xx, and that`s about it. The rest, women can have. Women can be combat engineers, but can`t be assigned to certain units. As goes with other MOS`s, women can sometimes not be assigned to certain units for them too.

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Emma