Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Navy Security Clearance

I am looking to join the Navy and am worried about one thing in particular...i have voluntarily done a stint in rehab to better my life. I do not use ANYTHING anymore and don't want to put that i have ever done anything on my application...i have seen on here that they wont ever pull any civilian medical records unless they have a reason or you need a security clearance. I want to go for the Master at Arms job, but what security clearance do they need and what jobs do not require a security clearance? I really want to join and do something good for myself and my country. Any answer will be greatly appreciated. thank you

If you have been to any type of rehab you are unable to join the military of any kind.  There is too much of a risk of a relapse and the military will not want to take that chance.  If you do not admit to it, when they do a background check, hey wont know where to look for rehab records because they wont know about it, but one of your references will talk about it at some point when asked if they knew of you having any issues with drugs/alcohol.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John L

I am a National Guard Recruiting NCOIC, been doing recruiting jobs for the military for over 12 years and am a subject matter expert on qualifications for National Guard and Army ( as we use the same regulation) and I keep up to date on other services regulations as well. In my job, I process questionable applicants and determine eligibility, I process waivers of all types and know the regulations inside and out. I will not sugar coat my answers to you. They are usually short and to the point. If you need more in depth, ask me. Because each situation is different, alot of times you need to actually talk to a recruiter and let them evaluate your situation in person, by looking at your documents, issues etc. If I suggest this, it would be in your best interest to do so. Finally...thank you for your interest in serving this great nation of ours. Very few people can actually make the cut to serve let alone choose to do so. So thank you for wanting to and hopefully you will get a chance. Whatever branch you choose, thank you and good luck.

18 years Guard experience, combat missions and homeland missions. 12 years recruiting. I have been a platoon sergeant and squad leader. Mentor to new recruiters and recruits.

Recruiters course and advanced courses in recruiting