Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/pregnant

Ok, so I have been thinking about joining the Coast Guard. But I have a problem with that, I want to have kids around 23 or 24. But I would still be in the Coast Guard if I was to join. Is there anyway I could service but be pregnant? What would be the best thing to do if I joined? Or what should I go into?

Female Servicemember give birth on active duty all the time.  That said you make no mention of being married.  Its important that if you choose to give birth as a single parent you make provisions for your child's care.  Though the Coast Guard will grant you maternity leave you are still eligible for worldwide deployment in the Armed Forces.  As far as what you should do...have you researched the enlisted ratings of the Coast Guard?  Which interests you the most?  You should try to do something you enjoy or have a passion for.  Consider speaking with a recruiter to start the dialog.

LCDR John M. Fiorentine USCG

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

John Fiorentine

Active Duty Coast Guard Lieutenant Commander. My specialties are opertations afloat and operations ashore; three afloat tours and three ashore tour under my belt including command afloat and navy exchange. My staff assignments have been with Officer Personnel Management as a Career Counselor, White House Military Office as a Social Aide, and at the Office of Law Enforcement within CG Headquarters as a program analyst. I can answer questions related to the Coast Guard, the assignment process, officer specialties, OCONUS duty, afloat and ashore operations. I can also answer questions related to the White House Social Aide Program.

WMEC Deck Watch Officer Portsmouth VA; DD Combat Info Center Officer Yokosuka Japan (Navy Exchange); WPB Commanding Officer San Juan PR; Enforcement Div Sector San Juan PR; Career Counselor (OPM-4); Law Enforcement Program Analyst (CG-MLE); Command Center Chief Sector San Juan PR

USCGA Alumni Association, OutServe, Society of White House Military Aides.

B.S. in Government from the US Coast Guard Academy; M.S.A in Leadership from Central Michigan University

CG Commendation Medal, USN Achievement Medal, CG Achievement Medal, CG Commandant Letter of Commendation