Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Cross Commissioning - Enlisted National Guard to Air Force

Question
I'm currently enlisted in the Army National Guard and desire to become an officer (preferably Air Force). I signed a 6 year contract and am nowhere near completing my current enlistment. My preferred route to becoming an officer would be through the Military Academies. Is there a possibility for me to attend the Air Force Academy even though my current enlistment with the Army has a large majority of the time left to complete? I planned on receiving a recommendation from the CO of the company I'm in.

Answer
Yes, that is do-able, you basically just have to apply.  There are numerous programs that will get you to the academy, your enlistment really isn't an issue once/if accepted.   Talk to your career counselor, they will be able to get you started on this, and help.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Jason Grabill