Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Separation Code

I joined the USMC when I was still in high school. I disclosed to my recruiter a childhood history of asthma. He told me not to put it on my papers as it might eliminate me. My fault, I listened and did not put it on the paperwork. 22 days into boot camp, I got sick, pnemonia, they did chest xrays and noriced previous issues/asthma. I was discharged. DD214 is a JDA1 Separation code and RE-3P Reentry Code. Charater of Service UNCHARACTERIZED but unfortunately 28. Narative Reason for separation FRAUDULENT ENTRY INTO MILITARY SERVICE. I am trying to obtain a position in Law Enforcement and am very concerned about having to disclose those. Other questions/threads etc. have said I was never a member of the military because I never completed boot camp so I have "no military history". Do you know which is the case as if I "have a military history" as I have a dd214, I need to disclose. If due to never completing boot camp do not, then that is how I would proceed but the honest route is what I am looking for. If I must disclose, how would you suggest I word a fraudulent entry on a LE application? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Yes, you need to be honest, but only up to a certain point.  You don't want to hurt your chances at a civilian Law Enforcement job.  You should say yes, you tried to join but never completed boot camp due to medical reasons.  If anyone wants to know more they can ask you.  Everyone knows the military is very strict about medical problems, so I doubt that they'll ask you.
Sorry for the delay, I've been gone.
Colonel H

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

All military questions, any Service. 30 years experience & two Ph.D.'s. 4 times Base Commander. Worked with Army, Navy, USMC, USCG and several foreign military units. Veteran of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and 10 civil wars in Africa.

Air Force Colonel with 30 years experience. Air Force Base Commander 4 times. Highly decorated.

Org of Am Historians, Wild West History Assoc., Disabled American Veterans - Life Member, Am Motorcyclist Assoc. - Life Member, North Am Hunt Club - Life Member, NWTF - Life Member

Numerous book reviews published in the Journal of American History. Two books submitted for publication. Co-Author of two more. Eisenhower memorial Library (interview with U.S. Presidential chaffeur

Ph.D. in military history, Columbus University (Summa Cum Laude) Ph.D. in history, London, England (Summa Cum Laude) Master of Arts degree in history, Marshall University, WV Bachelors degree, double-major in history and mathematics, Salem College, WV Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL

Legion of Merit, Defense MSM, 5 Meritous Service Medals,Joint Commendation Medal AF Commendation Medal Army Commendation Joint Achievement Medal AF Achievement Medal Outstanding Volunteer Medal Total of 33 Medals and 43 Ribbons