Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard/Special Operation Groups?

Question
I have a general question Special Operation Groups.
Is it possible to be in a Special Operation Group as a career?

I'll give an example to clarify my question.
Let's say that after I was promoted to E-4 as an enlisted soldier,
I complete Airborne School, RASP 1, RASP 2, Ranger School and became a Army Ranger. Instead of only signing a contract to be a Ranger for 3 years or something, could I do it for a significantly longer amount of time? Or would I just be able to sign another contract to serve more years after that?

Also, do you only attend Ranger School if you want to lead? I've heard Ranger School is for leaders, as in officers but not for enlisted soldiers. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Kevin,

First, yes as an enlisted Soldier, you can most definitely attend Ranger school. It's a leadership school, but not just for officers. Enlisted Soldiers can certainly lead too.

You can serve as a Ranger for as long as you can reenlist and keep up as a Ranger. You can definitely serve longer than 3 years; some Rangers end up serving in a command position or instructor after a while.  

Careers: Military--Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard

Emma